This is popular for companies aiming to connect high volume web applications to RMail. Click here for a customer success story. (Developer Note: link to ICON success story)
Use Web APIs for All Data Flows
Some organizations prefer to use REST APIs to tie in third party applications where possible. This is a popular option when:
- Sending business applications are heavily customized and the sending organization is comfortable programmatically adding processes with web APIs.
- Server-based or web applications may not have an SMTP email send module, and therefore it may be easier to use web APIs rather than add SMTP sending technology.
- Web APIs are better suited to manage high volume sending and transmission reconciliation.
Summary of Total API Process
- Authenticate email addresses with RMail and RSign system.
- Authenticate sender address with RMail and RSign (IP authentication, domain verification, SPF, and DKIM set up).
- Set up automated process to obtain API authentication tokens.
- Authorize sending address with RMail and RSign service plan for sending address.
- Send message via RMail and RSign REST APIs.
- Indicate feature in API call (RMail and RSign e-delivery proof, Registered and Encrypted, Message Level Encryption, E-sign).
- Prepare for return receipts and data reports.
- Set retrieve data time period.
- Use REST API message ID send record or time frame to receive certified data reports.
- Use REST API receipt retrieve process.
- Receive transmission metadata updates.
- Use REST API message ID send record or time frame to receive status updates.